Sunday, September 23, 2012

So I didn't practice today... or Friday.

I'm not afraid to admit that Saturday's practice wasn't all that and a bag of chips. Suffice to say it was a rough start to the weekend.

I have, however, gotten something done that has been hanging over my shoulder for a while now that I really, really didn't want to do but it simply wasn't going to do itself.  It's not done, but with a boat load of wine I have a final product that is passable if not the perfection I wish to attain.  A few more passes now that the band-aid has been ripped off and I'll get there.  But the hard part is done.  Win column. 

On the lighter side of things, I'm a piper-wanna-be, I'm a quilter and I strive to be that crazy cat lady.  One would think that those are all unilateral aspirations.  Having all three would be a rather odd brew - or so I thought until my boyfriend came to my door with the following present:

That's right.  A hand stitched pincushion he found on Etsy in the shape of a cat who is playing the Great Highland Bagpipe.  I imagine this woman sitting at her favorite sewing spot thinking, "someone is going to LOVE this.  I can't imagine WHO... but someone..."

Well, that someone would be me.

No matter how crazy I think I am, my boyfriend can make me feel completely normal.

Also understanding what I've been through the last number of days, my dear sweet Good Sir took me to the Renaissance Festival today to take me away from all my cares, my sorrows and walk down a joyful path of a great time in my life.  While there, we had the opportunity of seeing not once, but TWICE this fantastic flock of pant-free fellows:


Yep, my boys Tartanic.  Two Pipes, two drums and two lovely ladies.  Near front row seats both shows, both fantastic.  One might start to feel sorry for Good Sir, but he introduced me to the music of Tartanic and then took me to a festival where there were 150+ pipers ready and willing to teach me.  So this whole piping journey is really his fault.  These are things I probably wouldn't have experienced without him. 

Thus today I am just grateful. 

3 comments:

  1. Heh-piping, quilting and cat owner, nice combo! It would be interesting to see what other pipers do when they're not piping. I'm thinking we're a pretty odd bunch, what with piping itself being a somewhat unusual instrument to play..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the boyfriend? How long have you been dating? We should go out and do something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby sister - I'll send you an email with those details. Good Sir is a private individual and I'd like to leave him as Good Sir here. We've been together a while.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete