Saturday, September 29, 2012

Class Starts Thursday - I need to get on this....

So in every possible way, I've let life get between me and piping. 

Some of these things were unavoidable, some of these things were decisions I made to make my life easier down the line and I am glad I took that time.  But the fact of the matter is that my classes start this week and I need to be better about the slop than I am now.  There is no "make up" in learning an instrument.  You can't do a mad dash on Sunday to make up for the lack of practice you didn't do the last week.  You simply must...

Practice with purpose and move on from there. 

Okay.  Game on.  This is turning into a fantastic game of "forgive thyself."

4 comments:

  1. I made a mistake by putting to much stress on myself, due to the fact that I did not practice.
    And all of a sudden, I was behind way to much!!
    And then... then I lost the motivation cause i thought i was way behind..... and now I gave up.... and now I am sad that I did not pratice as much as I should have.
    What I want to say is, do not put yourself under any pressure. Please dont!!!
    Keep up the work and keep your love and motivation for that Instrument. Do not end up like me.

    I am sorry for my poor english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog, my friend Thomas,

    I am always very impressed with people who have English as a second language, how very hard they are on themselves and how well they speak.

    So from here on out, just write and no apologies for your English. We understand you quite well.

    I am sorry to hear that your piping is at the place it is. Remember always that there is never just one "start" to anything great. There are always new beginnings. It doesn't have to be something entirely new. Life gets in the way of things we dream of doing - that is the beauty of a dream. It never gets old, always changes and can always be reborn.

    I'm looking forward to my own re-birth of a dream this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we will be in the same class, but I have to miss this Thursday do to a vacation. I found your blog on the Bob Dunsire forum and it seems that we have a few things in common. Live in Michigan, same instructor, love for piping, and we both work for an automotive company in Detroit. Well, hope to see you and the rest of the class next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow student Adam! How long have you been piping?

    The class was fun - you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete